Vicki Mackenzie (born 1947), an author and journalist, was born in England and spent much of her early life in Australia. The daughter of a naval officer, she graduated from Queensland University and became a reporter at the Sun newspaper in Sydney.
Later she moved on to London where she worked as a features writer on the Daily Sketch and the Daily Mail. She went on to write for the Sunday Times, The Observer, the Daily Telegraph, the Sunday Telegraph, the Daily Express, the Mail on Sunday and many national magazines.
Since taking a month-long meditation course in Nepal in 1976, her primary interest has been to make the profundity of Buddhist philosophy accessible to the general public. Her books on Buddhism and reincarnation include:
• Reincarnation: The Boy Lama
• Reborn in the West: The Reincarnation Masters
• A Young Man of The Lama: A Tale Of Drugs, Hot Sex, and Violence in The Fall Of Tibet
• Cave in the Snow: A Western Woman’s Quest for Enlightenment, 1999, ISBN 1-58234-045-5
• Why Buddhism?: Westerners in Search of Wisdom
Child of Tibet (Co-authored with Soname Yangchen).